Granting control is an incredible feature that no presenter should be without. In a nutshell, the grant control feature allows your participants to physically use any specific program or have access to your entire desktop (if you give them permission of course!), as if they were sitting right next to you.
This is also a great way for people to provide I.T. support from anywhere in the world. It’s difficult enough to explain what type of computer problem you may have over the phone. So why not show exactly what’s happening through a webinar? By giving control to your I.T. support or computer savvy friend, they’ll be able to actually see the “error” message you’re talking about.
How To Grant Control
To Grant Control, you simply need to:
- Start the meeting
- Right click on the participants Name in the top left window and select Grant Control
- A window will open asking you if you would like to Grant Control of your desktop or a selected application
- Either select your desktop or choose one or more applications and click on grant control
- Both you and your participant’s screens will change to your desktop or the applications that you had selected.
- You can now both begin to work on the document together.
3 Best Practices when Granting Control
- For best practice, always make sure to communicate who is taking control next. Because, you’ll be sharing the mouse cursor.
- If you’re working with a group, give control to one person at a time. This ensures the workflow remains organized and you will avoid any tug of war with the mouse cursor.
- If you’ve decided to grant control of your desktop, remember whatever you see, your participant will see too. Before giving control of your desktop, make sure there’s nothing on your computer that you do not want your participant to access.
Share this Post